click to enable zoom
Loading Maps
We didn't find any results
open map
View Roadmap Satellite Hybrid Terrain My Location Fullscreen Prev Next
Advanced Search
We found 0 results. Do you want to load the results now ?
Advanced Search
we found 0 results
Your search results

Buying or Selling in an Active Flood Zone?

Savannah has been experiencing a large amount of rain this past week, which has us thinking about the importance of your Elevation Certificate when it comes to Flood Insurance.

Your elevation certificate is one of the most important factors when buying a home in an active flood zone. If your property or building is located in the flood zones A or V, you’re most likely going to be required to have an Elevation Certificate on file.

The Elevation Certificate is usually provided by a surveyor, and helps to establish a dollar amount for your flood insurance premiums. If you are selling a property in a flood zone, you want to make sure you have the document readily on file to provide to the buyers. In the reverse, if you are buying a home in a flood zone, you want to make sure that you request that the seller provides a copy of this certificate prior to your closing date if it is required by your insurance agent.

If you have any questions about Elevation Certificate, Flood Insurance, or buying / selling a home in an active flood zone, or if you need help locating your Elevation Certificate, fill out the contact form below!

Click here to watch more episodes of Port Talk from your host, Ben Bluemle.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.